Our regular Champions League tournaments allow us to put into practice what we’re learning. There’s group stages, knock-out tournaments, a trophy for the winners and a cafe for parents. Get in touch to find out when the next one is near you!
Ethos and discipline at Champions League
At the core of Star Strike Football Coaching is a belief that football should be played with a strong ethos of respect for team mates, coaches, opponents and referees, to create an atmosphere of fun and encouragement as we learn. We encourage this by teaching players to:
– shake hands after each game
– thank the referee after each game
– avoid arguing with referees
– avoid excessive appealing of decisions
– avoid excessive bad language or deliberate foul play
However, we are all learning, and so it is inevitable that these standards will not always be met. Referees are asked to apply the following consequences when this happens:
- Verbal warning
- Final warning
- Player is asked to be substituted for the rest of the match
- Player is asked to take no further part in the tournament.
We also recognise that everyone has different paths of development and different, sometimes hidden, needs. Therefore we need to all be understanding and graceful, and try not to respond to challenging behaviour in a manner that makes it worse.
If anyone has any queries about this please do get in touch.